Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Day Has Come and Gone

First off, I decided that I was too busy preparing to come to Florida that I didn’t have the time to continue on with my 30 Day Challenge.  Perhaps in a little while, when things settle down a bit, I can finish it up.

So right now I am sitting in my apartment here in Chatham Square.  That obviously means that I made it to Florida and I am all checked in and whatnot.  Today is actually day two of the experience.  Let me back up just a little bit.

My parents and I went to Las Vegas Saturday (Jan. 29).  We went to the Mandalay Bay and saw the Lion King then then settled in for the night.  My flight was to leave Vegas at 6:30 am the next morning.  I woke up at 4:15 and got all my things together, said good bye to my mom, and headed out the door to the airport.  I made it through check in and security in about fifteen minutes and hunkered down in the terminal until Amberlie arrived.  Our flight schedule went like this: Las Vegas to Phoenix, Phoenix to San Antonio, and San Antonio to Orlando.  3 take-offs and touchdowns.  It was a really long day.  All the flights were smooth and on time.  We got to Orlando at about 4:45 pm local time.  We grabbed our cab and made it to the hotel.

After a little while at the hotel, we headed to Downtown Disney to meet the other participants who were to check in the next day.  It was great to finally meet a lot of them.  Afterwards, we went back to the hotel where I crashed.  Amberlie and I had to catch our shuttle to Vista Way at 6:00 am the next morning.

We were like the first people there and we couldn’t even go in to the complex.  We waited for a while and slowly for students began to trickle in.  At about 8 am they opened the gates and we all went to the welcome center.  While we waited, I met up with the three guys I was planning on rooming with, Kyrie, Scott, and Collin.  All of them seem to be really neat guys.  We basically got our first choice of apartments. We would’ve liked a three bedroom but they didn’t have it available in Chatham.  We’re actually pretty content in our two bedroom though.  We went through all the lines and everything then they sent us over to Chatham Square to put our stuff in our apartment and catch the bus over to the casting center.

That place was pretty amazing.  It was this HUGE building.  The doorknobs looked like the ones from Alice in Wonderland (Check out my Facebook).  There they had two cast members go to each CP and give us a sticker that said our work location.  I found out I’d be working in Future World at Epcot®. I’m pretty excited about that.  After that, it was just station after station of filling out and handing in paperwork to make us official employees of the Disney Company.  They gave us our training schedules and made sure we were in line with the Disney Look. We got to go home and got to relax/unpack for little while after that long casting experience.

There was a mandatory housing meeting in the afternoon.  I kind of zoned out completely during it.  All the information is in our manual and I don’t plan on doing anything stupid that could get me or my roommates terminated from the program.

I spent the rest of the evening just relaxing and visiting/making new friends.  I can already tell this is really going to be a unique experience.  It is nothing like I’ve ever done before.  I plan on living it to the fullest and taking as many opportunities that I can because who knows when I’ll get the chance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment